field and laboratory testing to determine the corrosivity of
the soil environment and to provide general recommendations to
protect materials likely to be used for construction.
soil to assist in the selection and protection of materials
for new construction:
- Copper Tubing
- Plastic/Vitrified Clay Pipe
- Concrete Piles
- Steel Piles
- Sheet Piles
- Soil Reinforcement Piers
- Soil Anchors/Steel Tie Back Rods
- MSE Walls
Hydraulic Elevator Cylinders
Evaluating the soil for
proper selection of pipeline materials, coatings, cathodic
protection, and monitoring for transmission and distribution
- Soil electrical resistivity determined using Wenner four
pin method (4-pins) per ASTM G57, electromagnetic
conductivity survey (Emag), and laboratory soil box per ASTM
G187 or CTM 643.
- Laboratory soil corrosivity analysis to determine
soluble salt content per ASTM D4327 and D513.
- Stray current investigation.
- Recommendations for ductile iron pipe (DIP) and
polyethylene encasement, cement mortar lined and coated
steel (CML&C), dielectrically coated steel, polyvinyl
chloride (PVC) pipe, and concrete structures.
offers a wide range of corrosion-related engineering services.
• Potable water corrosivity analysis including dissolved
oxygen/dissolved CO2 for copper tubing deviation.
• Thermal resistivity testing per ASTM D5334 for
• Electrical resistivity testing per IEEE 81 for electrical
• Chloride in concrete testing per AASHTO T-260.
• Soil total acidity testing per ASTM D513.
• Corrosion rate determination using multiple techniques to
provide corrosion allowances of buried materials.